What IS Hypnosis?
Learn More About Hypnosis
What is Hypnosis? How can it help me?
- How to breathe.
- How to beat our hearts.
- The strategy we use when grocery shopping.
- Do you write your list in the order that your needs occurred to you?
- Do you organize your list in the way that the supermarket’s aisles are laid out?
- Have you found a way to organize the list that you like even more than either of these?
- The many small things we do to drive effectively in addition to watching where we’re going and what other drivers are doing.
- And many more things we do without having to think about it.
How does Hypnosis work?
Hypnosis changes your focus from the problem to the solution
As Albert Einstein stated, “We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” Hypnosis changes your focus from the problem to the solution, helping you find the solution rather than re-creating the problem over and over. As the subconscious mind is where our patterns are stored, getting into a relaxed state of mind and letting go of all judgments about the problem enables solutions to easily present themselves. The relaxed state of mind also allows us to create new, more productive ways to live our lives.
What Hypnosis Is
Hypnosis is nothing more than a relaxed state of focused attention, similar to daydreaming. You feel very relaxed, calm and at peace, like taking a short relaxing vacation. Contrary to the popular myth, the hypnotist doesn’t control you. You’re in full control at all times in hypnosis. Your hypnotherapist is your personal guide, who is highly trained to aid you to reach your goals. You can’t be made to do anything against your morals, ethics, or beliefs under hypnosis. You can’t be made to divulge secrets you don’t want to tell. You’re not “out” or unconscious, either, like you would be under anesthesia. Instead, you’re just as aware as you are when reading a really good book, daydreaming, or watching a beautiful sunset.
People sometimes wonder: What if I can’t be hypnotized? What if I’m too intelligent to be hypnotized? Anyone of at least average intelligence can be hypnotized. And in fact, the more intelligent you are, the more easily you can be hypnotized, if you want to be. People with below-average intelligence find it very hard to go into a hypnotic state. Geniuses are naturally close to an Alpha state (hypnotic state) most of the time and therefore enter hypnosis quite easily. You can easily see this in their ability to transfer information from their subconscious minds to their awake state and bring to the world their creations.
What Hypnosis Isn’t
Hypnosis can’t be done against your will. I’ve had people ask me to hypnotize a family member without their (the family member’s) knowing and make them quit smoking. It can’t be done without your permission. Your own mind won’t let this happen.
What is needed FROM THE CLIENT in order to get the most out of Hypnosis?
- In order to get the most effective results in making positive life changes, the degree of motivation is very important.
- The person seeking hypnosis needs to feel safe with the hypnotist (if you don’t feel safe, if you don’t feel that you can trust the hypnotist, save your money and go find another solution.)
- For the best possible results, the person seeking hypnosis needs to CHOOSE to follow all directions given by the hypnotist.
- The desire for change needs to come from the person who needs our help.
For that reason, the request for our help needs to come from the person themselves. The motivation cannot be to please another person, because that doesn’t work. It doesn’t work to try to change in order to please a spouse, one’s children, a doctor or an employer. Although those motives, when ADDED to the client’s strong desire to make positive changes, CAN increase motivation.
What do you need to know in order to make Positive, Life Changes?
- Your subconscious works to achieve what YOU truly want, not what someone else wants for you.
- True desire, along with a positive attitude such as “this CAN happen” or “the possiblity exists and I’m going to give it a chance” strongly influence the end results.
You need to give yourself, and your power to change anything that’s not working in your life, the benefit of the doubt. And you need to choose a hypnotherapist you feel you can trust to work FOR YOU, to achieve your dreams and desires.
Request an Appointment
To request an appointment with Hypnosis Care, please provide your contact information by filling out the form below.
Be sure to mention why you're filling out the form: the service you're interested in or what kind of information you're seeking.
* We are committed to your privacy. Do not include confidential or private information regarding your health condition in any contact form found on this website. This form is for general questions or messages to the practitioner.
While hypnosis has many beneficial effects, hypnosis is not a substitute for appropriate medical attention. Tracy Bonczyk and Bruce Bonczyk are certified hypnosis practitioners, and are NOT a physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist, or counselor. If you want help with a medical issue, please ask your doctor for a hypnosis prescription. This includes weight loss of more than 25 pounds.
If you are under psychological care, obtain a signed, written referral from your provider(s) before engaging hypnotic services. If you are on medication, continue taking your medication unless your physician advises otherwise, and let us at Hypnosis Care know the medications you're on.
If you are addicted to anything stronger than nicotine and caffeine, please seek addiction counseling, recovery, and rehab before incorporating hypnosis as part of your recovery plan. Hypnosis supplements and supports, but does not replace, other healing modalities.
What would you LIKE for your life to look like? What if the limits of what you believe to be impossible for you to achieve, became possible?
Moreno Valley & Huntington Beach
Keep In Touch